The Brazilian wax remains a popular hair removal method in the U.S. Brazilian waxes differ from regular bikini waxes because hair can be completely removed in the front, back and everything in between! A "landing strip" or triangle shape can be left in the front, but most clients opt to have everything removed. I will always ask your preference before the waxing begins. It is not difficult to perform Brazilian waxing and the time it takes to complete is between 15 and 30 minutes.
1. A minimum of 1/4 inch of hair is needed for the wax to grab onto the skin. If your hair is longer that’s perfectly fine.
2. All body and facial waxing treatments occur in my private studio with complete privacy. I will ask you if you have any personal preferences with regards to your Brazilian. You will be left alone to change and remove your pants and underwear. Then you will be lie on fresh, clean linens on the table. I will always ensure your comfort as this is a very personal experience. A paper thong can be requested.
3. I like to work quickly! This means less discomfort for you since you are in and out. I will frequently check in with you to make sure you are doing alright during the waxing.
4. I typically start at the top of the pubic area and gradually move down and then towards the back. Since the Brazilian traditionally means all hair is removed, I will ask you to lay on your side to get the hair between the buttocks. (Yes, for everyone, hair grows there and that is completely normal.) Ironically enough, the backside is the fastest area and the least painful to wax. Again, guest comfort is my greatest concern so if you chose to opt out of hair removal in this area, just let me know and you will be accommodated.
5. Once the waxing is complete I will tweeze any stray hairs and soothe the area with Vitamin E oil.
6. To keep ingrown hairs at bay, make sure to exfoliate the area in the days leading up to your appointment.
7. Typically, you'll need to wax every 4 weeks and trust me, it's only the first time that hurts the most. The more you do it, the less painful it becomes. Add this service to a full body wax and happily throw away your razors!
8. Post wax, use a product like PFB Vanish to keep the area ingrown hair free.