I frequently get asked, "what is the difference between a Brazilian, Extended Bikini, or Bikini wax and what should I choose?" The most popular requests are for the Brazilian and extended bikini wax. It takes me about 15 minutes to do a Brazilian, extended bikini and bikini wax but I book 30 minutes to give the client time to change. If you are unsure of the type of appointment that should be scheduled take a look at the reference below. Resist the urge to shave and be smooth for summer!
The Brazilian wax remains a popular hair removal method in the U.S. Brazilian waxes differ from regular bikini waxes because hair can be completely removed in the front, back and everything in between! A "landing strip" or triangle shape can be left in the front, but most clients opt to have everything removed. I will always ask your preference before the waxing begins.
1. A minimum of 1/4 inch of hair is needed for the wax to grab onto the skin. If your hair is longer that’s perfectly fine.
2. All body and facial waxing treatments occur in my private studio with complete privacy. I will ask you if you have any personal preferences with regards to your Brazilian. You will be left alone to change and remove your pants and underwear. Then you will be lie on fresh, clean linens on the table. I will always ensure your comfort as this is a very personal experience.
3. I like to work quickly! This means less discomfort for you since you are in and out. I will frequently check in with you to make sure you are doing alright during the waxing.
4. I typically start at the top of the pubic area and gradually move down and then towards the back. Since the Brazilian traditionally means all hair is removed, I will ask you to lay on your side to get the hair between the buttocks. (Yes, for everyone, hair grows there and that is completely normal.) Ironically enough, the backside is the fastest area and the least painful area to wax. Again, guest comfort is my greatest concern so if you chose to opt out of hair removal in this area, just let me know and you will be accommodated.
5. Once the waxing is complete I will tweeze any stray hairs and soothe the area with Vitamin E oil.
6. To keep ingrown hairs at bay, make sure to exfoliate the area in the days leading up to your appointment.
7. Typically, you'll need to wax every 4 weeks and trust me, it's only the first time that hurts the most. The more you do it, the less painful it becomes. Add this service to a full body wax and happily throw away your razors!
8. Post wax, use a product like PFB Vanish to keep the area ingrown hair free.
All bikini and Brazilian waxing should be done every 4-5 weeks. A good rule of thumb is to make sure you have at least a 1/4 inch of hair (think a grain of rice). If you have more than this length don't worry! It's always easier to work with more than less hair so please don't feel self conscious if you have longer hair! The benefits of getting the nether region waxed is that the hair grows slower and comes back softer. For those who's hair grows faster, especially during the summer months, I do offer a Brazilian maintenance wax if you need a touch up within 3-4 weeks of the initial wax. I only use a sensitive skin cream wax because it helps prevent redness and ingrown hairs.
Make sure you are not on antibiotics as it could cause irritation and sensitivity. Wear comfortable, loose clothing when you get home to help the skin heal faster. If you have just had a spray tan wait 48 hours to wax. If you want to spray tan after the wax, wait 24 hours. I also advise that clients do not sit in a bath, swim or work out for 12 hours post waxing because the skin is more susceptible to bacteria. In the case of swimming in the ocean, warm tropical water harbors more bacteria so wait 24 hours before swimming.